Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Original BBB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vincz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Original BBB Reply with quote

Hi,

Let me know because i don't understand

Why on few BBB made by gene , playfield is the same than original?
white clear insert between bumpers.
it is the only thing with backboard for compare with original BBB
i seen on gold, green BBB but also on few black BBB this clear white insert.
Why? Gold BBB is just a proto. Not original

Reg,
Vincz
CraigC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the original bill of materials called for a yellow insert but the prototypes had a clear insert (in the pop bumper section).

they decided to make the BBB proto run (12 or so) like the capcom protos but then change it for the "production" run.

the trim was a separate thing they were playing around with.

-c
vincz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK... 14 made by capcom and ~12 (gold, brass, green and few black) made by IPB/PMI
so they are difficult to see difference than original or BBB proto if they are a clear insert . Embarassed
the only way i think is that the year is written on the front of the playfield
awarner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, 12 made by Capcom. 2 made after the company closed from parts. 1 of those was lost in a fire. There's also a partially finished Williams conversion that I don't know what happened to (Mike Pacak had it at one time).

There may be more PMI protos since at least 1 EXPP was made in Gold. I know that Gene's and his Doctor's are both "Gold Editions" (Brass).

And the reason for the clear insert on the IPB protos was to help insure that no standard games are converted to gold to try and raise thier value.

There are other things different between PMI and Capcom like the "This way to the bar" sticker and such.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Bertl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW: isn't the side art of the original BBB's silkscreened and directly printed on the cabinet and backbox (like on AB, PM, BS and FF) instead of the foils used on the re-run?

I only saw Gene's BBB once and did not check it (was too excited as this time Rolling Eyes )

Brgds

Norbert
BBB94

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is right; one of the quickest and easiest ways to spot an IPB BBB is by the decaled cabinets.

I can't seem to find the thread, but I thought there was one that detailed most if not all of the differences. I don't see how it could have been so long ago as to have been in the Bearcave forums. I seem to recall Pinsane being a major contributor to the thread and expressing sadness over Stan's name being removed from the cabinet art.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: