Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When to "Check Out"?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: When to "Check Out"? Reply with quote

I'm thinking of selling my BBB. I really love the game, but the money they are getting is just too tempting. I've had a lot of fun with it and bragging rights are cool, but with my wife out of work for the past 2 years, things are starting to catch up with me. Opinions? I know I'll never get another one and the ride was incredible.
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
vincz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really ? yes i think this is too tempting for the money. i'm not sure the price will be increase in the future. they are a lot of good games now
it is very hard to keep "old games" than fun "new games"
i played on everything last limited edition games from stern , i like ACDC, TRON, Transformers .. since last year, not easy to keep all with B/W .
but for me BBB will be never for the selling, this is in first a collectible game with great dmd artwork and awesome story .
collector or gamer, that's the question
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put it on Pinside for $16K. It's a lot of money. I'm not taking anything less and the price will go up to $17K in October. If I don't get what I want for it, I'll just keep it. I really love the game and you guys only have to read the forum to know how involved I was in it.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
vincz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The brass plaque not included? why?
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's personalized. It says: Never give up a dream. The Warners.
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a deposit for BBB #95 last night. It's been a fun ride, but it looks like I'm getting off here. Thanks for the fun guys!
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the sale Al. I know it's hard to let them go but the prices they fetch now are just crazy.

I sold my NIB BBB late last year and didn't look back.

It's already been resold and is now listed on Ebay for $17.5K/offer - http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-BIG-BANG-BAR-pinball-machine-/280923811165
BBB #74
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's suppose to get picked up by the 9th. I sure am going to miss it.

Thanks Guys!

-Al-
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more day... I'm taking out my custom drop targets tonight and digging out the box. It's going to be tough...

Also, BBBPictures.com will continue to be up. No worries there. Still love the history and the minor part I played in it. I'll still take your pictures if you want to add anything too.

-Al-
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Sale Teetering... Reply with quote

Maybe my game isn't sold. There is some damage around the front legs sticker. I offered a lower price to the buyer with the deposit, but he hasn't said either way yet. There is another up for sale on RGP so he might go that route. Mine will still be for sale I think since I'm over the separation anxiety in my mind. We'll see how it pans out...
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, Al, I had to break my BBB down while I'm re-doing my game room, and I also noticed a bit of decal slippage on the (left?) side around the leg mounting area. I used the Pincab protectors on my game; did you use any type of cabinet protector on yours?
BBB #39
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did have clear leg protectors on there. My deal fell through because of the damage. It's not terrible, just not perfect either. I took $1K off for it, but he decided that he didn't probably need two BBBs. Whatever. I returned his deposit. My wife told me not to sell the game because of the anxiety it's been causing me. We'll see. If anyone is interested, send me a PM and we'll talk. Here is what the damage looks like:

http://www.alsarcade.com/BBBPICS/BBB1.JPG
http://www.alsarcade.com/BBBPICS/BBB2.JPG
http://www.alsarcade.com/BBBPICS/BBB3.JPG

-Al-
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still for sale if anyone knows someone that's looking.
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New buyer so the game is sold (Again). I'll pop in from time to time to see if anything is happening.
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game #95 has moved to TN with it's new owner. I miss it, but I bought 4 other games and they are keeping me quite busy now. I'll still pop in because of the history I have with the game and the building and the relationships I have made. Thanks to everyone who has helped me since this adventure began back in 2004. It was an amazing trip and "Keep Flippin'".

-Al Warner-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: